Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Grids

Feature: Tom Davie - Grid Posters
While at design school I found myself breaking rules, we all go through it I know. It was a time of exploration and revelry, but through the evolution of a career I became surrounded by responsibility and the fear of failure. However, I always found myself conquering this fear somehow. That somehow is best explained by the way I feel about grids, and it is beautifully illustrated by these series of posters by Tom Davie.

Grids are for me the equivalent of a brief in professional life, or the intricate crossing of ethics, common sense and law in personal life. They are there to guide you and focus energy and to provide order. Grids can be taken as they are and obeyed, or they can be challenged and used as springboards for creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment